Thursday, April 29, 2010

2. Jamie Vasta







Jamie on Jamie:

One thing I never make any bones about is being a lady and loving girly things such as glitter. I am unabashedly a huge fan of the sparkly flakes. Something else I make no bones about on this blog is my sheer enthusiasm when an artist takes something (like a medium) and turns that mother out in a way that you just don't see very often. That is the stuff that moves me, that gets me out of bed in the morning. Jamie Vasta is one such artist. Painting with glitter, Jamie approaches the medium that is normally relegated to the arts and crafts bungalow in a classic and refined manner, turning the medium into a beautiful and mature palatte. I got to spend some time in her studio yesterday, where she shared with me her latest group of paintings all inspired by Caravaggio paintings. Plus I got to meet a special little lady named Mini Wolf. Take a look

See more work by Jamie HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment