Sunday, November 20, 2011

8. Aaron Hobson aka Cinemascapes







I was raised in the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania in one of the poorest city neighborhoods. It has been described as "Appalachia in the city". I've had my back fractured by baseball bats, been picked on, and did too many drugs before I was 14 and then dropped out of High School in the 10th grade. It wasn't until 3+ years ago that I picked up a camera after a decade of living in a small town in the remote Adirondack Mountains and decided to mix my memories with imagination.

The cinematic style of my work intentionally mimics a society full of oversaturation to TV, cinema, youtube, video games, and more. The images pull inspiration from the most basic elements of human emotion; fear, sex, abandonment, and curiosity to name a few. The moments of each image are fleeting and never exact, but hold an untold story of what happened before and what will happen after. It is up to the viewer to decide how far or how comfortable they feel delving into them or even sympathizing with them.

See more work by Cinemascapes HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment