Thursday, February 11, 2010

2. Shauna Richardson







Thoughts by Shauna:
When I entered into art education I thought I would first get to the bottom of what art was, then study and practice it. What followed was an obsessive three year attempt to find an answer to the question ‘What is art?’ During this time I devoured books explored theories and attempted to push the boundaries of those theories. ‘Anything Can Be Art’ is one popular theory. This concept has permitted artists to produce a rich bank of wide ranging work including audio pieces, gestures, text, actions, the void. Traditional craft was as far removed from my practice as it was possible to be but I never did stop questioning. Crochet? Realism? Highly accessible themes?

See more work by Shauna HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment